Founded in 1990, Aegis Sciences Corporation is a forensic toxicology and healthcare laboratory that provides science-driven drug testing and consulting services based in Nashville, TN. Aegis delivers evidence-based, clinically actionable information related to medication compliance, substance abuse, and drug-drug interactions through definitive testing of urine, oral fluid, or blood specimens.
Aegis healthcare testing services are designed for the unique needs of healthcare specialties in the areas of Pain Management, Behavioral and Mental Health, Substance Use Disorder, Prenatal and Chronic Disease Management. Aegis provides clarity for enhanced patient care to a wide array of clinicians that serve Medicare, Managed Medicaid, Commercially Insured and Workers' compensation populations. In addition to healthcare testing services, Aegis offers anti-doping and forensic testing services to professional and amateur sports organizations, college and university athletic programs. Aegis's biopharma lab provides molecular diagnostic services, including clinical trial services, pharmacogenetic testing, and other services
Noteworthy Media Mentions
Aegis in the News
- WKRN Channel 4/26/23: Rehab center, lab increase testing for drug after near-overdoses
- NewsChannel 5 4/25/23: Nashville lab ramps up xylazine testing increasingly detected in drug overdoses
- Washington Post 2/28/23: FDA to restrict imports of ‘tranq,’ animal sedative tied to drug overdoses
- Miami Herald 2/27/23: What is ‘tranq’? Medicine used by veterinarians blamed in deaths, overdoses across US
- WKRN 2/17/23: ‘Tranq’ Warning: A horse tranquilizer is showing up in more positive drug tests, study finds
- Nashville Medical News 1/30/23: Why Enhanced Confirmation Testing is Critical to Understanding Nashville’s Drug Landscape and Improving Public Health
- Vice News 11/15/22: A Horrifying Drug Called ‘Tranq Dope’ Is Spreading in the US
- NewsChannel 5 8/20/22: Nashville laboratory selected by HHS to expand national monkeypox testing capacity
- Tennessean 5/5/22: Tennessee Voices: A conversation with Joshua Schrecker
- Tennessean 5/17/22: Seeing drug tests as tools can lead to understanding more about opioid crisis| Opinion
Press Releases & Op-Eds
- Press Release: Aegis Sciences Corporation Further Expands Testing for Novel Psychoactive Substances (NPS) | 9/12/23: Aegis Sciences Corporation, a health care testing lab based in Nashville, TN, is pleased to announce another expansion of novel psychoactive substance (NPS) testing for its clients.
- Op-Ed: The Tip of the Iceberg | 6/26/23: Aegis recent panelist, Ryan S. Alexander, DO, MPH, has released an op-ed where he expresses the need for testing in an uncertain drug landscape.
- Op-Ed: Xylazine Use Shows Need for Testing | 6/7/23: Aegis provider and recent panelist, Leigh Brooks, APRN, FNP-C, has released an op-ed where she shares her firsthand experience with dangerous drugs like xylazine and how comprehensive testing and education can make an impact.
- Op-Ed: Testing is Crucial in the Fight Against Xylazine | 5/29/23: Aegis Clinical Pharmacist, Andrew Holt, Pharm.D., BCMAS, CPGx, has released an op-ed where he expresses the importance of clinical definitive testing for fentanyl-xylazine mixtures, an emerging threat to the United States.
- Op-Ed: Surveillance and Testing to Stem the Tide of the Next Opioid Drug Crisis | 2/17/23: Aegis recent panelist, Alex J. Krotulski, PhD, released an op-ed that is an exploration into the identification of new and emerging synthetic opioids.
- Op-Ed: Why Enhanced Confirmation Testing Is Critical To Understanding Nashville’s Drug Landscape and Improving Public Health | 1/27/23: Aegis Clinical Pharmacist, Andrew Holt, Pharm.D., BCMAS, CPGx, has released an op-ed where he touches on Nashville's Drug Landscape, the Role Testing Plays in Identifying Drugs in Patients' Systems, and the Top Illicit Substances Found in Tennessee.
- Press Release: Aegis Sciences Corporation Expands Testing for Novel Psychoactive Substances | 8/8/22: Industry-leading testing offers insight into drug patterns and facilitates informed care
- Op-Ed: Tools to Support the Fight in the Ongoing Opioid Epidemic | 5/17/22: Aegis Director, Clinical Affairs, Joshua Schrecker, Pharm.D., has released an op-ed where he shares his firsthand experience of how fentanyl has found its way into known street drugs and expresses the importance of using testing as a tool to provide lifesaving treatment.