Novel Psychoactive Substance Testing
Aegis is pleased to offer industry-leading testing options to allow providers the opportunity to more completely understand an individual’s substance use pattern, and facilitate more informed care.
Novel psychoactive substances (NPS) are compounds designed to mimic the effects of prescription drugs, evade detection by typical drug testing methodologies, and avoid regulation. NPS can be described by numerous terms, including legal highs or research chemicals labelled ‘not for human use’.
- NPS markets rapidly change in response to regulation from US and other international agencies.
- NPS may potentiate drug interactions with prescription medications, leading to unintended overdoses.
- Individuals are exposed to fentanyl, designer opioids and benzodiazepines knowingly, or unknowingly through counterfeit prescription drugs intended to mimic common drugs such as oxycodone, hydrocodone and alprazolam, among others.
Aegis' NPS testing is available for urine specimens as an add-on by drug class. Providers may choose one or multiple classes based on medical necessity.
*Analytes listed for each drug class are current as of November 12, 2020. Updates and enhancements to the drug classes are made from time to time. A complete and up to date list of the analytes contained in each listed drug class can be found at www.aegislabs.com/Paincompthresholds.
Recorded Webinars Available:
- Emerging Data on Novel Psychoactive Substances and Clinical Effects
- Novel Psychoactive Substance Testing
- Designer Opioids and Benzodiazepines
- Synthetic Cannabinoids and Synthetic Stimulants
If you are a Healthcare Provider seeking information please contact your Regional Sales Manager or Client Services team at 1.800.533.7052 or email Client.Services@aegislabs.com