Aegis PainComp® Testing Services
Aegis PainComp® Testing Services are designed to assist the Pain Management Physician in answering two critical questions concerning patient use of medications:
- Are your patients properly taking the medications you are prescribing?
- Are your patients taking other drugs that may interfere with the medications you are prescribing?
Aegis PainComp® Testing Services are a valuable tool in helping the Pain Management Physician determine if patients are compliant or non-compliant with prescribed pain medications. The PainComp® Profiles include testing for the most commonly prescribed pain medications and evaluates for non-medical use of other drugs.
All positive results are normalized with calculations used by major international sports testing organizations. This normalization formula protects against physiological variables affecting urine drug concentration that may result in a "false negative" test result with other testing programs.
PainComp® Services Include:
- Comprehensive Profiles including oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, fentanyl, meprobamate, and meperidine
- Additional metabolites included in testing, such as, norhydrocodone, norcodeine, noroxycodone, and norfentanyl
- Available tests include: tapentadol, buprenorphine, tramadol, pregabalin, gabapentin, cotinine, ethyl glucuronide (ethanol metabolite) and many other drugs
- Specimen Validity Testing of urine specimens (creatinine, pH, specific gravity, adulterant additives)
- Micro analysis, if needed (15 cc of urine or 5 cc of serum)
- Positive results normalization (urine testing only)
- Overnight specimen transportation
- Collection kits and laboratory request forms
- Fast turnaround time
- Expert witness and litigation support services
With Aegis PainComp®, you also get:
- Insurance company/Medicare billing
- Simple, easy-to-read reports
- Web-based reporting
- Consultation with Aegis® Board Certified Toxicologists & Pharmacists
- Access to testing for over 400 different drugs in a variety of specimen types