The Aegis® Three-Tiered Approach to Post-Mortem Toxicology is designed to meet the needs of clients ranging from large Medical Examiner systems to individual Medical Examiners conducting private autopsies.
TIER ONE: Micro Analysis Profiles
The Micro Analysis profiles are designed for cases with limited specimen volume and includes profiles for Abused Drugs and TDM. Analysis can be performed on volumes as low as 2 mL and results are quantitative.
TIER TWO: The Targeted Toxicology Profile
The Targeted Toxicology Profile is the profile used by most Medical Examiner clients and includes over 50 of the most common drugs detected in our Post-Mortem Toxicology testing. Quantitative confirmations are included in the bundled fee for this profile and it can be conducted on Heart Blood or Femoral Blood. If vitreous is also submitted, Volatiles will be confirmed in blood AND vitreous at no additional fee. For details, click Targeted Toxicology Profile.
TIER THREE: The Comprehensive Toxicology Program
Our most complete post-mortem toxicology service, which includes our Comprehensive Toxicology Profiles (over 120 different drugs plus volatiles). The program can be customized to meet your needs. Screening can be done in urine, blood, gastric, bile, tissue OR any combination of specimen types. (Separate billing for screens and confirmations.)
Services Included in the Post-Mortem Toxicology Programs:
- Comprehensive or Targeted Drug/Alcohol Screen
- Quantitative Confirmations (additional fees apply for Comprehensive Program)
- Forensic Sample Handling and Documentation
- Post-Mortem Collection Kits
- Preprinted Test Request Forms
- Overnight Sample Shipment
- Confidential Electronic Results Reporting
- Results Interpretation with AEGIS Ph.D. Toxicologists
- Fact Witness Litigation Support